Wednesday 13 August 2014

Camping, Festival

One of my favourite things to do is go camping! I enjoy being able to just be out there and see everything differently!
I went to a festival called Northern Green Gathering (NGG) and I met some pretty amazing people! My family and I was camped with some friends, who used to be our neighbours and we were all camped next to the circus, the circus was from north Wales and called Cimera. They were amazing... The most amazing bit was when they did "fire" or that's what they call it. It's actually where they do circus skills with fire. It was completely AMAZING! (Like I said) One of the boys from the circus taught me the theory of being able to juggle and I swear I've almost got there!!! 
While I was there I got a new T-shirt which has the sign for CND which stands for the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament. The government is planing on spending £100 billion on replacing Trident with a new generation of nuclear weapons. Trident itself is an operational system of four Vanguard-class submarines armed with Trident II D-5 ballistic missiles, able to deliver thermonuclear warheads from multiple independent re-entry vehicles. It is the most expensive and the most powerful capability of the British military forces. And we don't want or need that. That amount of money could be spent on loads of different things, for example, education, the NHS, food for homeless and even on cleaner energy. And yet we want to spend the money on weapons we don't even need. 
At one point I was a model of a workshop called Vamos Art and at the end of the festival all the pictures where sold off at auction, the lowest a painting when for was 10p and the highest was £30 which was a painting of me and my mum bought it. Exciting!! :)
At the very end of the fest I had loads of fun and I am most defiantly going to go back next year!
Any Questions... Just Ask!
Love Ya! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment